Latte is an espresso-based drink. If you don’t have a coffee machine to prepare espresso, you can also use a stovetop espresso pot or a coffee press to prepare your latte.
An average of 8 g of coffee is ideal for each latte. If you want a stronger coffee taste, you can use two cups of coffee. The most suitable coffees for espresso are coffees with intense aroma and roasted coffee beans.
Here’s what you need to prepare a delicious latte with lots of foam
Ingredients for 1 Latte:
- Espresso machine or coffee press
- Milk beater, mixer or hand blender
- 250 ml milk
- Ground espresso coffee beans (8 g coffee for each mug)
- Flavored syrup, cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Add 1 cup (8 g coffee) coffee and 1 cup hot water to the coffee press and let it brew.
- Once brewed, strain the coffee and quickly follow the other steps so that the coffee does not cool down.
- Heat the milk in a small bowl suitable for whisking.
- Set aside as soon as it starts to boil.
- Using a hand blender or a mixer, whisk the milk until it turns foamy.
- Skim milk foams more than fat milk. However, a latte made with skim milk tastes better.
- Warm the latte mug by running it through hot water or using a microwave oven. (This is so that your coffee does not cool down immediately).
- Pour the whipped milk into the coffee mug.
- To prevent the milk from filling the mug with its foam, use a spoon to set it so that only the milk is filled.
- Remember to leave enough space for the espresso and milk foam.
- After adding the milk, add the espresso into the milk, circling from the edges to the center.
- Spoon the milk foam onto the mug with a spoon.
- You can use flavored syrups, cinnamon or nutmeg to create different flavors.
- Your latte is ready. Bon Appetit